Monday, February 14, 2011

Alice in Wonderland Card

Right! It's been a wee while, but I decided to make an Alice in Wonderland themed card and take some pictures of the whole making process to let my friends see it! I only started taking the photos after I had coloured the image, but here goes nonetheless:

Alice and the Hatter coloured, adding the stitching:


A lovely wee shot of some of my markers!


Alice!


Teacups!


Alice and the Hatter stuck down:


The teacups layered on:


Sticky pads to layer it up!


Ribbon:


The part where there is huge potential to muck it up: writing on the card! Aaargh! Steady hand, steady hand.


Working out where the middle should go...


And promptly getting it a little off centre (oops):


Inserting the insert!


Advertising all the way!


Final touches (an envelope, a nice cellophane and a business card):



And drum roll please...the finished card!


There are a few wee things I love about this card: I'm never too brave about writing directly onto the card in case I make a spelling error or a silly mistake, but when I do it always ends up looking lovely, so I should bite the bullet more often. Also, I changed two things about my colouring. First off, I used a lot more pen on each image and it paid off in terms of shading. I would try this technique again. However, I also changed paper supplier and used cartridge paper for my printing, and I'm disappointed that it ran so much. If I'm going to use this colouring technique, I might need to invest in some proper Letraset paper for the Promarkers.

I have entered this wee card into three challenges:

The I <3 Promarkers Challenge Blog (Birthday)
The TotallyPaperCrafts Clean & Simple Challenge
And finally,
Charisma Cardz Mythical & Fantasy Challenge!

9 comments:

  1. A fab card, your writing is so neat, I wouldn't even risk writing directly to card.
    Could you please add a link to our challenge blog to be entered in the draw.
    Thanks for joining us for our 1st Birthday Challenge at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card , very brave of you to write directly on the card , i would muck it up for sure -thanks for joining us for our first birthday at I ♥ promarkers -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and what wonderful handwriting you have. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers for our first birthday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Pretty! Love the TeaCups!
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT on our birthday!

    Hugs,
    Jess
    Floppy Latte Designs in the StitchyBear Digital Stamp store
    www.stitchystamps.com/shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card and I loved seeing the process of making it :-) You are brave to write directly !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the TPC Challenge :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
    Hugs,
    Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waw,, a card that cute, funny and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete