Alice and the Hatter coloured, adding the stitching:
A lovely wee shot of some of my markers!
Alice and the Hatter stuck down:
The teacups layered on:
Sticky pads to layer it up!
The part where there is huge potential to muck it up: writing on the card! Aaargh! Steady hand, steady hand.
Working out where the middle should go...
And promptly getting it a little off centre (oops):
Inserting the insert!
Advertising all the way!
Final touches (an envelope, a nice cellophane and a business card):
And drum roll please...the finished card!
There are a few wee things I love about this card: I'm never too brave about writing directly onto the card in case I make a spelling error or a silly mistake, but when I do it always ends up looking lovely, so I should bite the bullet more often. Also, I changed two things about my colouring. First off, I used a lot more pen on each image and it paid off in terms of shading. I would try this technique again. However, I also changed paper supplier and used cartridge paper for my printing, and I'm disappointed that it ran so much. If I'm going to use this colouring technique, I might need to invest in some proper Letraset paper for the Promarkers.
I have entered this wee card into three challenges:
The I <3 Promarkers Challenge Blog (Birthday)
The TotallyPaperCrafts Clean & Simple Challenge
Charisma Cardz Mythical & Fantasy Challenge!