Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Coffee Shop Stepper Card

I decided to have a play with some digistamps I've had sitting in my stamp folder for a while now. I'll be entering this into the brand new Crafting from the Heart Challenge Blog which has an "Anything Goes" theme this week, as well as the "Anything Goes" theme at Artistic Inspirations Challenges and the "No People" theme at Left of Center Challenges.

I'm also going to have a play with side steppers, which I've tried with varying degrees of success in the past.

First of all though, to my trusty Inkscape...what would I do without this program, honestly!



The stamps I'm using are from a variety of sources. The bakery comes from The Stamping Boutique, the stack of teacups comes from Pink Cat Studio and the individual cups and cakes come from Digi Stamp Boutique.

These are the stamps scaled and positioned roughly where they'll be on the final card:



I printed them on Super Smooth card, used my Cricut to cut the most complicated section (the grouped digi at the front) coloured the images with ProMarkers, then glittered various parts with my quickie glue pen, and they were ready for the card.



To make the card I measured a 3cm step and an 8cm side panel from 300gsm rose pink card.



Then it was just a case of piecing it all together and tada!







I hope you like it.

MC x

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation hun and great explanation - very good luck and thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart Challenge Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have created a shop with teapot, teacups and cupcakes. Thankyou so much for joining our first challenge at Crafting from the heart Challenge blog and wishing you the best of luck and hope to see more of your work next fortnight. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card just love it x Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart. I hope we see you next time good luck in the draw. hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete