Wednesday, December 18, 2013

An Art Deco Christmas Tag!

Hello! This is an exciting post as I've applied for a design team! I don't know if you know about these - there are lots of brilliant challenge blogs and they recruit a team of crafters to come up with inspiration for each challenge. I've applied once before years ago for a design team but I didn't have any luck and I've always thought my stuff was too basic so I've shied away from applying again. Anyway, I found this one through a Facebook group, and it's a blog I didn't even know about, which is actually perfect for my style!

The blog is based heavily on sentiments, and lots of my cards depend on sentiments, so I'm going to go for it. Wish me luck!


The challenge is to make a tag. This stamp is called 'Vintage Tree Party' from A Day for Daisies and I fell in love with it. It's so Gatsby and the dresses just cry out for some lovely shaded colouring.


This is in the middle of the making - I positioned the stamp and used a font called Bergamot Ornaments for the art deco style line, and a font called Benthem for the sentiment. I tried to use art deco style fonts to match the stamp. The sentiment is a lyric from Etta James' Santa Baby, which is such a sultry wee Christmas song! I thought these girls would be looking for a classy gift like the ones requested in the song!


I tried to go for a silver and gold theme so the dresses are my caramel and sandstone Promarkers and the greys (mainly Ice Grey 3 and 1). I put the presents in the same colourways, and used Brilliant Silver and White Gold glitter to embellish the tree with my quickie glue pen (I love that wee pen).


Then the whole thing was cut out in a nice art deco shape (using a hi tech sellotape roll to draw the curves, hah...I'm such a cheapskate), mounted on silver mirriboard, then black, and wrapped with a huge black organza ribbon bow. I'm quite pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment